The Mosaic Theory

 

I examine the mosaic that is me.

Each piece, a different colour, a different shape,

Coming together in its unconventional harmony to be who I am. 


A mosaic made up of every one I ever loved

Even if it was a random sighting on a street,

Even when i never learnt a name

But I liked a glimpse enough to embrace.


I think it's deeply romantic in every way

That I still think of people that have long went their way 

Yet a piece of them remains in the mosaic that is me,

A lyric, a colour, a print that i adore,

A film, a food, something they said.

Memories outlive presence, latching onto our souls.

When are we truly just a single being,

If we are made up of every other that we meet?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introductory Blog Post

An Ode to Heavy Hearts and Soft Mornings